CTET People & Planning
The Centre for Teaching and Educational Technologies (CTET) provides services to empower and enable RRU faculty to design and facilitate great learning experiences.
Faculty can access CTET services through STUDIO, our learning design 'Help Desk', to explore new ideas and solve problems relating to curriculum, teaching, and technology.
Vivian Forssman, Director of CTET, was profiled in June 2014 by BCcampus. Get to know Vivian and her vision for how CTET supports Royal Roads University.
This diagram illustrates the current and emerging services of CTET, with the department's focus on operationalizing the RRU Learning and Teaching Model.
CTET's team of dedicated professionals offers a range of services:
- Instructional Designers help faculty to design and build technology-enriched learning. In addition, they design and facilitate workshops to support faculty in improving teaching effectiveness and integrating the Learning and Teaching Model into practice.
- The Faculty Development Support Associate co-ordinates CTET workshops and provides administrative services for Curriculum Committee.
- Learning Technologists (LTs) and the Course Co-ordinator work together to prepare courses to "go-live"; Learning Technologists provide quality assurance for Moodle, through technical and learner experience reviews of each course. They troubleshoot problems reported to the Help Desk, test new tools, and support pilot implementations of software, "beyond the LMS".
- Senior Learning Technologists provide systems analysis, integration and support for web conferencing, interactive media, Moodle and other learning technologies.
- Media Technicians provide AV, event and classroom technology support, learning space planning, and photography and videography services.
The CTET team is available to help faculty and program staff. How can we help you today?