Facilitating Learning Online
Facilitating Learning Online (FLO) helps instructors develop and enhance the skills needed to effectively facilitate learning in online environments. This five-week course -formerly known as Instructional Skills Workshop Online (ISWO)- stresses the importance of mini-facilitation sessions to give instructors an opportunity to practice online facilitation techniques and receive feedback geared towards growth and improvement. It is available free of charge to RRU faculty.
In this course, Faculty learn to:
- Facilitate a pre-developed online lesson
- Integrate adult learning theories and principles into lessons they facilitate
- Employ a variety of learning facilitation techniques and strategies
- Use effective questioning and online coaching techniques
- Give and receive constructive feedback
- Model and foster analytical, critical, strategic, creative and reflective thinking
- Work effectively with online teams
- Reflect on and plan how to transfer and apply what they have learned in FLO to other courses and contexts
Facilitating Learning Online takes place three times per year, on a fee basis for non-RRU faculty. Upcoming workshop listings can be found on the RRU Continuing Studies site (see the Teaching & Facilitation Course Category under Professional Advancement). Please contact CTET to learn more.