As the primary "content specialist", it is the role of the faculty member to bring his or her extensive knowledge of the academic discipline to:
- Work with the development team to transform knowledge, experience and previously developed course notes and resources into an online or blended course
- Determine the appropriate learning outcomes, learning activities and assessment strategies in collaboration with the Instructional Designer
- Follow the appropriate steps outlined in the learning design process
- Present the course outline, for approval, to Curriculum Committee
- Deliver content on time and in the specified format so that the course is ready for quality control check prior to "going-live".
- Check specific requirements at the program level for course review and sign-off procedures