The final review of Service Level 2 & Service Level 3 courses is intended to give the course a final "once-over" from the student perspective, and with the student experience in mind.
Please note: CTET does not provide copy editing; instructors are responsible for the quality of their course content. Course materials should be free of spelling and grammatical errors.
We will review courses for the following:
Overall Presentation & Best Practices
- Consistent use of language: we recommend the instructor refer to his or herself in first person and students in second person.
- Formatting, e.g. numbers, bullets, bold, italics, headings, is used appropriately and to maximize readability, with particular consideration to those using screen readers.
- Course is free of all redundant information that should be linked to rather than reproduced, e.g. university-wide policy information around grades, fees, etc.
- The same Learning Outcomes appear throughout the course, in the Course Learning Outcomes page, Schedule, and Assessment Matrix
Date and Naming Consistency
- Use and style of due dates is consistent throughout the course, both in terms of format and location.
- All dates in the Schedule correspond with dates in forums, Assignments Dropboxes or other tools.
- Titles of assignments, activities, units, weeks, etc. are consistent throughout the course.