Pressbooks is an open source, online authoring and publishing platform used by BCcampus and post-secondary institutions in B.C. and beyond to create and adapt open textbooks.
If you would like to learn how to use or expand your knowledge of Pressbooks, the following webinars are open for registration to B.C. faculty and staff.
- Pressbooks, Introduction on Monday, April 16, 2018, 10-11am, Pacific time
- How to create a Pressbooks account and textbook
- How to navigate the Pressbooks Dashboard
- How to set up your book
- Parts and Chapters
- How to add Parts and Chapters & Front/Back Matter
- How to order Parts and Chapters & Front/Back Matter
- How to create content
- How to change/recover your password
- Pressbooks, Intermediate 1: How to import and export files, and copy textbooks on Monday, April 16, 2018, 11am-12pm, Pacific time
- How to export files
- How to import a Pressbooks file to make a copy of a textbook
- NEW: Cloning a textbook
- How to import a Word file to make a copy of a textbook
- Adding multiple books to one account
- How to delete: a book, chapter or part
These webinars are free, but registration is required as space is limited.