Lauren joined CTET as Studio Liaison in March, 2017. Lauren’s role is focused on facilitating the adoption of educational technology at RRU and supporting the development of skills related to teaching with technology. Lauren is passionate about online teaching/learning and building active relationships between faculty, CTET staff, IT Services, and the wider RRU community.
Lauren has worked in higher education as a researcher, instructor, instructional designer, examiner, practicum supervisor, and teaching assistant. Prior to joining RRU, she worked for McGill University in the design and delivery of synchronous and asynchronous online courses, while also completing her PhD in Educational Studies.
- PhD in Educational Studies, McGill University (2017)
- Masters of Applied Linguistics, University of New England, Australia (2013)
- Certificate of Proficiency in French Language and Culture, McGill University (2010)
- Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA), University of Cambridge (2009)
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours, University of Queensland, Australia (2007)