Lauren joined CTET as Studio Liaison in March, 2017. Lauren’s role is focused on supporting faculty in their use of educational technologies. Lauren does this by designing and delivering workshops, providing one-on-one training and support, and by managing CTET Studio, a collaboration space for faculty and staff to work with CTET in designing, delivering, and supporting excellent learning experiences for students at Royal Roads.
Lauren has worked in higher education as a researcher, instructor, instructional designer, examiner, practicum supervisor, and teaching assistant. Prior to joining RRU, she worked for McGill University in the design and delivery of synchronous and asynchronous online courses, while also completing her PhD in Educational Studies.
- PhD in Educational Studies, McGill University (2017)
- Masters of Applied Linguistics, University of New England, Australia (2013)
- Certificate of Proficiency in French Language and Culture, McGill University (2010)
- Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA), University of Cambridge (2009)
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours, University of Queensland, Australia (2007)