Synchronous Web Conferencing
RRU faculty and students use a variety of web conferencing programs to meet online and share ideas and information. Online web conferencing is successful when:
- students and faculty use a headset (mic and headphones),
- have a newer computer,
- fast internet connection, and
- connect using a landline rather than wireless.
Collaborate Ultra is a synchronous web conferencing system. CTET provides training to instructors who want to use Collaborate Ultra to facilitate learning in a synchronous environment. We offer two workshops:
- Getting Started with Collaborate Ultra is focused on learning how to use Collaborate Ultra and developing technical proficiency using Collaborate Ultra tools and moderator controls. This 90-minute workshop is delivered synchronously online.
- Teaching with Collaborate Ultra is focused on developing skills for teaching interactively online using Collaborate Ultra. This workshop is delivered synchronously online in two 90-minute sessions.
In addition to these two workshops, our Collaborate Ultra support extends to:
- One-on-one and on-demand training
- Technical support during your first live session using Collaborate Ultra
- Collaborate Ultra rooms external to Moodle (for example, as an online meeting space for a school, etc.)
- How-to guides and troubleshooting articles about Collaborate Ultra
Contact CTET Studio to discuss any of these options.
Anyone can set up a Skype account.
Anyone can set up a Google Groups account.
Additional Support & Resources
Visit CTET's STUDIO for face-to-face, telephone, or online assistance with using synchronous web conferencing in your course. If your course has been assigned an Instructional Designer, meet with your ID to explore how these types of tools can be used to support your students' learning.
The RRU Knowledge Base is also a great source of information to answer 'how to' questions. Remember to always login to access information behind the firewall.
Browse the list of excellent RRU Library Guides. These resources are continually updated and provide concise info on a variety of topics important to busy Faculty and Students.