WebSpace & Self-Publishing
What is WebSpace?
WebSpace is a self-publishing platform based on WordPress, an open source content management system. Originally built for blogging, WordPress has since evolved into one of the most popular content management systems (CMS) on the web.
Like WordPress, WebSpace is quick, flexible, and user-friendly. WebSpace provides faculty with the opportunity to integrate customized websites into their courses in a range of ways that support teaching and learning. Possibilities include: faculty research pages, course blogs, individual student e-portfolios and reflective logs, collaborative student projects, and more.
To learn more about self-publishing:
- Visit CTET's STUDIO for face-to-face, telephone, or online assistance with using self-publishing technologies in your course.
- If your course has been assigned an Instructional Designer, meet with your ID to explore how these types of tools can be used to support your students' learning.
- Discover the RRU Knowledge Base, which is a great source of information to answer 'how to' technology questions. Remember to always login to access information behind the firewall.
- Get familiar with RRU's Cloud-based Learning Tools Notification.
- Browse the list of excellent RRU Library Guides. These resources are continually updated and provide concise info on a variety of topics important to busy faculty and students.