Self-paced workshops & resources
- Moodle My Media: Learn about how to use Moodle's My Media feature to create, edit, and share videos and other media directly in your Moodle platform. This online self-paced course takes a total of 60-90 minutes to complete and can be done at your own pace from your home or office. Self-enroll via Continuing Studies Moodle (use enrolment key "moodlemymedia").
- Teaching and Course Design at RRU (OER)
- Facilitating Learning Online-Fundamentals (OER)
- Facilitating Learning Online (FLO) Synchronous (OER)
- Moodle: Getting Around (OER)
- Moodle: Editing & Enhancing (OER)
The following offerings are provided on an on-demand basis. Most can be delivered remotely or on-campus and adapted for individuals or groups. Please contact us for more information:
- Collaborate Ultra “crash course”: This 30-45 minute session provides a basic “crash course” in getting around and using Collaborate Ultra for faculty and staff.
- Collaborate Ultra live support: Get support from a CTET technologist during your first live session with students. We will work with you and your students before your session begins to make sure everyone’s technology is working and provide basic troubleshooting help.
- CTET orientation for Program Staff: This 90-minute session is offered 1-2 times per year, dependent on demand. Part workshop, part meet-and-greet, part Q&A, this is an opportunity for program staff to learn about CTET, our team, and the services that we offer to support program staff. Some of the topics covered include: the CTET team and suite of services, technical terms (i.e. related to supporting Moodle courses), service levels, Agresso, Moodle task timelines, professional development opportunities offered by CTET, and more.
- WordPress info session: In this 20-minute info session, we will provide you and your group with a basic introduction to WordPress, how to get your own WordPress site, and where to go to learn how to start building your site.
- WordPress start-up: In this 60-minute session, you will work with one of our team to set-up your own WordPress site, including an orientation to editing and building your pages.
We are also able to create custom training opportunities for your RRU school or program. Contact us to discuss your specific needs.