WordPress & WebSpace
Self-publishing for faculty & staff
WordPress is an open source content management system. Originally built for blogging, WordPress has since evolved into one of the most popular content management systems (CMS) on the web. CTET can supply and support RRU faculty and staff with their own WordPress site, for example: faculty research sites, Community of Practice sites, etc.
Self-publishing for students
WebSpace is a self-publishing platform built on WordPress. WebSpace is quick, flexible, and user-friendly. WebSpace provides web self-publishing options for students in programs where instructors and course learning activities require this capability. Possibilities include: course blogs, e-portfolios, reflective logs, collaborative student projects, and more.
To learn more about WordPress & WebSpace:
- Visit CTET's Studio for face-to-face, telephone, or online assistance with using self-publishing technologies in your course.
- If your course has been assigned an Instructional Designer, meet with your ID to explore how these types of tools can be used to support your students' learning.
- Discover the Webspace section of RRU Knowledge Base, which is a great source of information to answer 'how to' technology questions.
- Get familiar with RRU's Cloud-based Learning Tools Notification.
- Browse the list of excellent RRU Library Guides. These resources are continually updated and provide concise info on a variety of topics important to busy faculty and students.